Thursday, July 27, 2006

2.9 Million viewers can't be wrong...

Right?

From PWInsider:

ECW on Sci Fi did a 2.4 cable rating. The show did a 4 share. That equated to just over 2 million households and almost 2.9 million viewers. The rating was bumped up a tenth of a point by the overrun. The actual hour from 10 to 11 p.m. did a 2.3 rating, with quarter hours of 2.2, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.5. The overrun shot up to a 3.0, which I believe is the second best quarter hour in the history of the show.

And of course word is that WWE is confident that the show will get picked up after the summer run... so while I still hate that only SOME matches are held under "ECW Rules" (ugh), and am dissappointed that RVD should be the fighting champion rather than the Big Show, this is pretty good news and I'm overall optimistic. I wasn't a few weeks ago (can't you tell by the fact I haven't been posting?), but with CM Punk debuting and Angle returning next week (in NEW YORK - crowd should be very interesting), Shannon Moore, Fertig and The Bashams recently/about to be introduced to the roster, and ECW "originals" like Sandman, Sabu and Balls Mahoney getting legit pushes, I'm actually looking forward to seeing where things are heading. (I even like Test and Knox pairing up as kind of the anti-ECW team on the show... go figure.)

If only The Zombie would come back...

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Steele said...

I must say I'm a big fan of this blog, and glad you're coming around to posting more. I too am interested in where this is going next week, and if you want to see my re-cap of this week's festivities, check out my blog at http://blog-of-steele.blogspot.com/ .

5:02 PM  
Blogger Yooka the Medic said...

I'm with you, man. While I too dislike tons about the current ECW product (and somehow, I too found the Zombie to be hysterical, though you know McMahon's crony writer would only drive that one into the ground if it caught on)... there is good news.

According to PWInsider.com, WWE officials are now strongly considering giving ECW its own permanent taping schedule.

The general consensus backstage this week, even from those who were initially against separate ECW tapings, was that the crowd significantly enhanced this week's show.

The only constant for ECW right now is its television deal, which, from all accounts, is stable. WWE will be evaluating both the television taping format and the house show schedule in the coming weeks to set a course for ECW's future.


Maybe the crowd can chant the writers in the right direction.

Please visit here and here. And click on the google ads. Or not. No pressure.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home