Friday, June 16, 2006

The New Breed (in a list)

Why not, eh? Not counting C.W. Anderson and Francine, whose bios have been posted on ECW.com despite not yet appearing on TV or PPV since the re-launch, here is the updated ECW roster, made up up people who were a part of ECW One Night Stand and/or the SCI FI debut:
Al Snow
Amish Roadkill
Balls Mahoney
Beulah*
Big Guido
Big Show
Bill Alfonso*
Danny Doring
Jason Knight*
Jazz
Joey Styles
Justin Credible
Justin Roberts
Kelly the Exhibitionist
Kurt Angle
Little Guido
Masato Tanaka*
Mikey Whipwreck*
Paul Heyman
Ref John Finnegan
Ref Mike Posey
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Sandman
Stevie Richards
Tajiri*
Tazz
Terry Funk*
The Zombie*
Tommy Dreamer
Tony Mamaluke
Trinity
Vampire (Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig)

Yeah, I know quite a few of these guys aren't going to be "active" in ECW (note asterisks, above), but it's not a BAD start at a new promotion... is it? Time will tell, I guess.

On a cautiously optimistic note, this item gave me a bit of hope when I posted it on Inside Pulse:

PWInsider's reporting that their inside sources are saying that everyone, including Vince (even though he wasn't going out of his way to admit it), realized that the ECW debut on SCI FI was a bomb despite the rating, and that the pressure is up to deliver next week. The overall vibe backstage is that people tuned in out of curiousity, and will likely do so again on Tuesday, but after that all bets are off.

Ah, interesting times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Kelly the Exhibitionist..." groan.

They can't pull shit like this with kids in the crowd for much longer. If you watch the Sandman intro, a kid in the audience gets hit with backspray from a beer being opened. You can argue "what kind of an idiot would bring his kid to an ECW show; he should know what to expect," but I bet the majority was there to see Smackdown. They need dedicated venues, STAT.

On that note, I'd say 50% of my enjoyment in ECW was thanks to the fans. You put some of these guys in matches against each other, and there will be NO heat from the WWE audience, making it boring to watch on TV. ECW-only shows would ensure that ECW fans bought tickets, and thus guarantees that the matches will receive "ECW heat." I think ECW has been pushed enough that they could sell out smaller venues on the road.

On (another) side note, weren't Styles and Taz pissing all over Orton at ONS for having pyro in an ECW setting? And then, at their first show, didn't TBS or Angle have pyro in their entrance?

2:39 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Hey thanks for the regular comments - tell your friends!

I don't think either had pryo at the SCI FI debut, I know Angle didn't for a fact. I erased it from my DVR as soon as it was over, basically, so I can't look back...

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe - you're lucky :p My friend asked me to record a dvd with them on, so it's gonna be clogging up my DVR for at least a month until I have enough to burn.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched it again (I hope you're happy, it was even worse the second time around), and Big Show does have pyro for his entrance.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home